- Excalibur Tax Service, LLC collects nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
- Applications, forms or other communications, including electronic communications (such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, Social Security number, assets and income)
- Customers’ tax returns with Excalibur Tax Service, LLC, their tax professionals or others
- Nonaffiliated third parties, such as consumer or credit reporting agencies (such as credit worthiness and credit history), joint marketing partners or other entities who may service your account from time to time
- Visits to our websites
- Internal data security policies restrict access to nonpublic personal information to authorized employees. Excalibur Tax Service, LLC directly or indirectly maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to comply with federal standards to guard nonpublic personal information. Employees who violate these policies are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Excalibur Tax Service, LLC trains and educates our employees in the handling and safeguarding of personal information in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) - For security purposes, you are required to create a unique PIN upon creation of your account. You determine what PIN you will use and the identity of your PIN is not communicated to us. You agree that we are authorized to act on instructions received under your PIN. You accept responsibility for the confidentiality and security of your PIN and agree to change your PIN regularly.
- We recommend that you create a PIN that utilizes both upper and lower case alpha and numeric characters for purposes of security. Your PIN should not be associated with any commonly known personal identification, such as social security numbers, address, date of birth, names of children, and should be memorized rather than written down.
- Security - You understand the importance of your role in preventing misuse of your accounts through Excalibur Tax Service, LLC and you agree to promptly examine your income tax return as soon as you receive it. You agree to protect the confidentiality of your account and account number, and your personal identification information, such as your driver’s license number and social security number. You understand that personal identification information by itself, or together with information related to your account, may allow unauthorized access to your account. Your login ID and PIN are intended to provide security against unauthorized entry and access to your accounts. Data transferred via Excalibur Tax Service, LLC’s web site is encrypted, (with the exception of e-mail), in an effort to provide transmission security and Excalibur Tax Service, LLC utilizes identification technology to verify that the sender and receiver of Excalibur Tax Service, LLC transmissions can be appropriately identified by each other. Notwithstanding our efforts to insure that Excalibur Tax Service, LLC is secure, you acknowledge that the Internet is inherently insecure and that all data transfers, including electronic mail, occur openly on the Internet and potentially can be monitored and read by others. We cannot and do not warrant that all data transfers utilizing Excalibur Tax Service, LLC’s web site, or e-mail transmitted to and from us, will not be monitored or read by others.
- Excalibur Tax Service, LLC may disclose or share nonpublic personal information about its customers to its affiliates, such as its technology service providers in order for its affiliates to provide and service accounts and transactions, such as data processing and electronic tax return transmissions. This may, where permitted by local law, include archiving your personal information in a jurisdiction other than your own, which may not have equivalent data protection laws.
- Excalibur Tax Service, LLC may use personal information in order to operate our business in a prudent manner in accordance with industry standards and applicable law, which may include to service and maintain accounts and transactions, offer a broad range of services and products, verify income and assets, respond to inquiries and requests, prevent fraud, monitor and archive communications, and verify your identity in accordance with the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Excalibur Tax Service, LLC may also share personal information with government agencies, and law enforcement authorities as required or permitted by law, rule or regulation.
- Excalibur Tax Service, LLC does not sell or rent personal information. Excalibur Tax Service, LLC may disclose or share personal information about its customers to nonaffiliated third parties with whom it has contracted to perform services on its behalf, such as printing, mailing, fraud prevention, technology providers and processing services. These nonaffiliated third parties are required to protect the confidentiality and security of this information and use it only in accordance as contractually agreed upon or instructed by Excalibur Tax Service, LLC Excalibur Tax Service, LLC may also disclose nonpublic personal information about its customers as permitted or required by law.
- Excalibur Tax Service, LLC does not disclose nonpublic personal information about former customers, except as permitted or required by law.
- Excalibur Tax Service, LLC’s Internet website (the Site) will collect personal information that you voluntarily provide, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. The Site may collect information on what country you are accessing the Site from, information on which pages within the Site you visit, and certain technical information regarding your computer and operating systems, such as your Internet protocol address, domain name, system configurations and settings. We will not know who you are unless you tell us. Additionally, if the Site is a password-protected site, then (a) once you submit your password and enter, the Site will recognize who you are and will collect all information that you submit, including all electronic instructions (including all transaction information); and (b) any information collected about you from the Site may be associated with other identifying information that we have about you.